restart loop/ cant restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by KarateExplosion, Jun 8, 2009.

1. KarateExplosion

KarateExplosion New Member

So today i added probably 2+ gigs of new music on my iTunes and connected my touch to sync. i had too many songs on my itunes to add to my touch (16gig) so i unchecked alot and tried again and when i connected it iTunes said there isnt enough room on my ipod for all the songs on iTunes and it will sync as much as it could. so when it finished it had only synced like 6 gigs or so.

so i reconnected it to see if it would add the rest and left for about an hour. when i got back it had gotten stuck on the restart loop. can't get past the apple logo.

i put it in restore mode by holdin the home button and plugging in the usb cable. iTunes recognized it and said i needded to restore so i tried about 5 times with no progress on the bar. it would get to the same spot and then the screen would turn to a scrambled white screen and go back into recovery mode. i keep getting "ipod could not be restored. an unknown error occured (9).

im not sure what the firmware is because i cant check.

ive looked everywhere for solutions but nothin has worked yet..

im runnin iTunes 8.1.1.10 on windows vista.
  2. itouchtim

itouchtim New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i know whats wrong. you first need to download a zip with firmware 2.2.1 or which ever one you want. then rename the ".zip" to ".ipsw" so that itunes will reconzie it. then but our touch into dfu mode plug it in. itunes will say that you need to restore it then click okay. But they hold shift while you click on the restore then select the firmware that you download and change into a ipsw file. if that doesnt do the trick then im not sure what will.
  3. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    try downloading redtool. get it from wherever.. update it too just to b sure lol and then go to the boot menu and press "boot my iPod from recovery mode," and it should say something like 'now booting from recovery mode'. Your iPod will stay on the recovery screen, but it will be loading. Eventually(as iPod's take forever to turn on lol) it will load up and should be normal again, but you should restore it again to be sure. I don't know if your jailbroken or not, but(anyone correct me if i'm wrong) redtool works either way. Good luck, and if it doesn't work let me know, ill try to help more.
  4. Kid Dynomite

Kid Dynomite New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    get into DFU mode and restore with the way itouchtim said