Respring Loop

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by slimvin, May 3, 2010.

1. slimvin

slimvin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have just installed SBRotator and I resprung my iPod Touch 2g 3.1.2. After doing so it was stuck in an infinite respring loop and is not entering safe mode. I am able to access the root partition via Disk Aid and I could fix it if i knew where the SBRotator tweak installed to. Any help please on where it might have installed to or how to get it off, better yet, how to force it into safe mode! Thanks.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    did you get it legally?
  3. maxxdout

maxxdout Active Member

Same thing happened here. I bought SBRotator last month, I uninstalled it, and just reinstalled it, and I am now stuck in a respring loop. I think it might have something to do with categories/categoriessb because the last time I used SBRotator, I didn't have categories/csb...

If I can SSH into this, I might be able to disable SBRotator. I'm gonna check it out now and see if I can fix it...
  4. Master Dover

Master Dover Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    this respring loop your talking about is reffered to as the SWOD or swirling wheel of death... the only way to get rid of it is by putting the device into DFU and restoring or by getting rid of the package that caused it, in this case the SBRotator. what i recommend doing is downloading ifunbox which is a better ssh tool and then finding the program that way because it has a search option in the newest version. hope this helps!
  5. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've been in this situation. But I think the problem is with SBSettings, if you have that. SBRotator never gave me problems.