Resolve my confusion

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Apizao118, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Apizao118

Apizao118 New Member

I'd like to ask a serious question: When thehitman’s post states "MuscleNerd speculates serial dongle", what does the "dongle" mean exactly?

Definition of the word DONGLE:

Dictionary.com --> A hardware device that serves as copy protection for certain software by rendering the software inoperable when the device is not plugged into a printer port.

UrbanDictionary.com --> To get head behind the shed at a party.
    "I got a dongle from that girl the other night"

Which one is it? From my point of view, both make perfect sense. The serial could have easily been a typo for the word “serious”. If so. . . how does this “dongling” affect the release of the jailbreak?

Note: I have not read the post yet due to a lack of motivation, but I plan to when I have time.
  2. B3NNN

B3NNN Banned

I'm pretty sure we are all going to get blown once our iPods are jailbroken.
  3. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

ya this thread = fail

its not really funny.. just stupid
  4. Apizao118

Apizao118 New Member

Ah, just the response I was looking for. Although you may think you’re pretty cool by posting “this thread=FAIL” little did you know, that your response is the only thing that TRULY fails. If it fails so bad, why bother posting it? Why jump on the badwagon where everyone posts FAIL for every thread made? Just my 2 cents.
  5. fckinfamous

fckinfamous Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    FINALLY SOMEONE ON THIS SITE WHO STANDS UP TO IDIOTS WHO WRITE NOTHING BUT THIS THREAD=FAIL>>>no one wants to hear that keep it to your self.
  6. Apizao118

Apizao118 New Member

Actually, I'm quite impressed that I got "this thread= FAIL" on the second post.
  7. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

dude i didnt mean anything.. i just think its a stupid thread.. i dont get the point of it.. are you trying to be funny?? if so do u care to explain?

cause obviously when he was talking about the dongle people knew it was a device. so not funny imo.

and jeez people this is the first thread ive actually told it failed cause imo it failed.. no reason to post thread failed on every thread.. i do not do that
    calm down
  8. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    It'll never end. http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126849
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    You may not do it but there are people who do. It gets annoying to see nothing but, "fail", "facepalm", "you're a n00b" 95% of the time when browsing threads.
  9. Apizao118

Apizao118 New Member

Haha it's okay dude, I understand. This thread was pretty much a "fail" thread, i just wanted to see how many ppl actually bother to write it. But this makes me wonder how old everyone on these forums truly is.
  10. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

ya im sorry. but im not like those teenagers around this forum that are all like "fail" and "facepalm" as nick mentioned. i try to keep all that to myself because i know how annoying that can get. im 16 but on these forums i try not to act like it. (im really immature haha) and im sorry for saying your thread failed. i just didnt get it haha or find it funny but whatever someone might have. and thanks for understanding. just wanted to clear that up. but how old are u anyways? and nicK?