Reset, Restore didnt work...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Eamon, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Eamon

Eamon New Member

I jailbraked my ipod touch and was very happy with its new features. Sometimes there were some bugs, but that was ok.
    Now i went to vacation in Greece and there its a bit hot, i dont know, i thought my device should handle this, but i used itto go on facebook, and than it turned off.
    I tried to turn it on, in the normal way as i always do. I connected it to my computer, it didnt turn on. I connected it to different USB ports, waited between my fails sometimes an hour, sometimes a day. Nothing happend.
    Can you help me? Is there any program to fix that? Or can i go back in my shop to get a new one without the fear, they could notice, that i jailbraked my ipod?
  2. smartman294

smartman294 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    First of all question 1 how hot was it give me an estimate
  3. mikeac

mikeac Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It doesn't matter if you jailbroke your iPod, they should give you a replacement. The iPod should be able to handle 95 degrees Fahrenheit while it is on, and up to 115 while it is off. Maybe the battery died?
  4. Eamon

Eamon New Member

Well, it was about 37 degreES Celsius, this is about 111 degrees Fahrenheit? I dont know, omething about that.

I think the battery died, it seemed to be this way. There was no apple logo, as the ipod touch shows, when the battery is low and it turns off itsself. But I wonder if, when i go to a apple store, they can find out, if it was jailbroke or not.

I talked to a friend here, and he said, that there are programms to reset the itouch, although it turned off this way. But i dont know if he knows, what he is talking about...
  5. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you have access to a computer plug it overnight in and leave itunes running. If you can make sure it's in a cool place