Resale value of iPhone 3g?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rohit92, Nov 19, 2008.

1. rohit92

rohit92 New Member

Hey guys,
    As some of you may know, I have been considering to move to AT&T to get the iPhone. First, I will wait to see how the Blackberry Storm looks on my current carrier, and if I do not like it, which I believe I won't, I will most likely buy the iPhone. However, before I do, I would like to know what would be the resale value of the iPhone 3g in new condition if a new iPhone was released. For example, say another iPhone came out at the end of summer like they have so far. Then, I bought the next iPhone, whatever it maybe called, and it was around the same price. How much do you think I would be able to sell the iPhone 3g after one day of a newer iPhone being out... I know some of you might think of this as a stupid question, but hey, I know a lot of people did this with their old iPhones, and I want to have some sort of idea of how much money I would get back for it. Let me know... Thanks
  2. Blackness

Blackness New Member

The resale of the 3g is about %160 percent in resale value. The 1st gen one is at about at a %75 percent resale value.

Not bad. I mean when you can just use it as a expensive ipod/voip/camera/wifi/etc for fun it keeps its value.
  3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    160%? Wait, what? Are you telling him that's he going to get 60% more money than he originally paid for it when he goes to sell it?
  4. Blackness

Blackness New Member

Yup check ebay. it will drop eventually but for now its good.