Release [ReRelease] Vista Live SideBar Originally by Doreen of MMi

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by thecooldude, Jul 1, 2009.

1. thecooldude

thecooldude Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I just have been upgrading this theme which I've been using for a while and I think now since I've added about 9 MB more of theme, I suppose I should kinda make a redone version of me. All thats new is more icons (Like 200), more app artwork (Like more 15 more skins), a vista loader (The spinning dial that turns), a Lockscreen, different carrier, wifi images, some clarification issues (You only have to select one package instead of like 3), and much more. This theme originally was created by Doreen. - His original thread of theme at MMi: Here

My Upgraded file download of Vista Live SideBar: Here

To show that I've made improvements see the file size or download inspect the original file from Doreen Here

There is some easier installation instructions here they are:
    1) install the vista sidebar theme on cydia (MMi Source which is already installed)
    2) install iblank (Also on the MMi Source which is already installed)
    3) install the SOS iPhone source from the more sources tab at the front page of cydia
    4) install a custom source in the manage section then sources -> edit -> add. Add this source: david.ashman.com/apt/
    5) after adding those two sources install two packages
    5a) blanknull
    5b) Lockscreen Clock Hide
    6) open SSH into /library/themes/ and add the unzipped file of my updated Vista Live SideBar (File name is Vista Live.theme)
    7) open the app iblank you installed on your springboard and tap the 12 icon button, wait for a message to pop up say ok and close iblank
    8) arrange icon order like this in the picture below except you don't need Jaadu VNC and Fring you can use phone instead of that I am just on an ipod. Blank icons or webclips you see when you arrange your icons will know be commonly referred to as those invisible icons with the x symbol in the top right corner of where the app icon would be.

Please Register or Log in to view images

9) open winterboard
    10) select by tapping the theme Vista Live instead of the one given by Doreen
    11) congrads you installed it successfully, enjoy

This is what you should have:

Attached Files:

2. Torin_93

Torin_93 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What about a second page or would you use categories? I really like the theme very colorful 10/10
  3. thecooldude

thecooldude Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well I honestly would use categories and would delete some of the blank apps and replace them with the categories on the top left corner. I'll upload a categories icon soon

4. hrh

hrh New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    love this but how would i access all my apps/games
  5. dabomb1022

dabomb1022 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This is cool! I'm going to use it. (do you care if it's on my repo?)
    I really like the sidebar, maybe someone could make a coulpe icons for categories like games and put it on the rest of the screen
  6. ipod150

ipod150 New Member

does the start button do anything?
  7. Muchachooo

Muchachooo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you could also use the Start button for categories.
    (can you put a category into another? that way start can open up a window with multiple categories)
  8. Fishy

Fishy Member

Device:
    iPad
    Quite nice, but you need to think harder about how to make categories or stacks fit into this. Stacks as the Windows button? Categories as folders? Oh and change the little things at the bottom. Instead of Text, do
    | Text | with maybe a little icon next to it.
  9. thecooldude

thecooldude Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm not that good of a photo shopper its not my theme. Its Doreen's of MMI (modmyifone.com)