[request] Warcraft Ii ( Open Source In)

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by guyl3, Apr 24, 2008.

1. guyl3

guyl3 New Member

2. ipodtouch-freak

ipodtouch-freak New Member

omg YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Unknown-Guy

Unknown-Guy New Member

ZOMG, the ipod touches proccecer and screen, is too weak, and too small.
    BTW the zomg was sarcastic.
  4. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

bah, ive already posted about this several times man. but yeah, this is the answer to everyones wishes concerning warcraft. ive said pretty much the same thing you did.

also, if someone ports stratagus, we might even see some starcraft/C&C games as well.

it runs very well on the pocket pc, could be optimized a little more but it is more than playable thats for sure.

uh, no. dont post when you dont know. i have this on my pocket pc already, runs just fine. it even has a little less RAM than the ipod, but the processor runs at 624MHz, and it plays really good. dont post when you dont know the facts...
  5. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

isn't zodttd making something like this? Checking his blog now...
  6. Unknown-Guy

Unknown-Guy New Member

But, i do know some facts, like the ipod has only a 412 proccesser which is a significant difference.
  7. deathcs

deathcs New Member

what about my old computer that couldn't of been more than 300 mhz that could play starcraft just fine?
  8. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

so do most common smartphone pocket pcs and even older ones. 412MHz isnt that big of a deal dude. btw, they both run on the same type of architecture so it will work (ARM). even my old HP pocket pc ran wargus at a very decent rate, and that was only clocked at 300MHz.

again, dont say it wont run; it very well can.
  9. Unknown-Guy

Unknown-Guy New Member

Sure, lets say it will run, do honestly think it would be easy or fun to play, because its a time-based game sort-of. And game like the emulator are pretty damn hard to play.
  10. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

first off, it will run, stop thinking it wont because you are just flat out wrong. second, in terms of fun, that is up to whoever really wants this port. it could be ported just as a proof-of-concept for example. easy to play? i give it 50/50. do you think the infamous quake3 port for ipod is going to be easy to play (assuming it will ever come out)? screw that. its good to show off to people but thats about it.