request to moderators

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by habazoom, Dec 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. habazoom

habazoom New Member

Maybe it's just the average age of people on this forum is younger since it deals with the iPod. But there are some really stupid questions and many many repeat questions. So in order to make searches easier and allow people to find what they need easier, I suggest that all stupid and repeat posts be deleted. Just take a look through the Jailbreak sections there are tons of repeats. If the mods got rid of the junk posts, it would allow researching to be faster.

I Jailbroke my ipod couple weeks ago and I'll tell you it wasn't easy reading through all those useless posts trying to find the one that I needed. I didn't ask a single question, I eventually found all the information I needed though it took 2 days to do so. A lot of useless posters are dumb and lazy and figure why not just post before searching.

Moderators please clean up this forum and delete all useless posts. And give warnings to those that do post repeat posts, which is obviously a sign that they did not search.
  2. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

I agree, many people post useless crap and they get angry when someone replies nicely telling them to search or use google...
  3. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

Yeah i second that, its getting a pain reading threads asking for help about things that are already written down
  4. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Lmao...They probably used Google to get to HERE, why would you tell them to go back?
  5. miseracord

miseracord New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Rofl. I agree with habazoom on this matter.
  6. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

Please Register or Log in to view images

Forum's search button then...
  7. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

It really is hard to get the forums clean, when it just gets messy all the time...

With a continuity of more members, so does cluttering the forums. I really don't know of any solution to it besides getting more mods in the future that can help pitch in a hand or two.
  8. yoyoyo

yoyoyo New Member

Damn, its a forum. You can't just "clean it up" and order people not to post without searching. If you don't feel like answering the question, don't answer it.
  9. habazoom

habazoom New Member

It's not the fact of not answering stupid questions. It's the fact that idiots are cluttering the boards with useless questions over and over again when a search will bring up their answer. Chances are if you've got a question, someone else before you did and made a post. So there isn't any use to tell repeat posters to search. They've already done the damage of yet again adding another useless repeat post.

How many times a day do you see new posts of the sort...
    How do I jailbreak?
    What is jailbreak?

The sticky "answers to commonly asked questions" is obviously not doing its job because morons continually post up the same questions many of which are already answered.
  10. music4life

music4life Active Member

It's really not as easy as you think. You simply say"clean up the forum when there are tons of lazy people out there and all they want to do is have easy access to the information that they want without having the bothers of searching. I personally believe that complaints like these are more annoying and more pointless to create than those that have questions repeated. Therefore, you want a cleanup? Well I'll start here and please, let us do our job. We have the abilities to cleanup for a reason.

Thank You,
    =*J*=
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.