[Request] Port unlock listener app

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by meyerovb, Feb 11, 2009.

1. meyerovb

meyerovb New Member

Feb 6, 2009
    [Request] App to unlock with port listener

I had an idea for a small app, something that might do well in the theming community.
    You know how status notifier listens on port 16322 ( and when it receives a hit, it returns back xml.
    I was thinking of having another listener, that instead of returning xml, would trigger an unlock of the iphone if it is locked.
    This can then be used to unlock the iphone from custom sliders written in a WinterBoard LockBackground.html file.
    See the attached example for a slider that apple provides in their reference library.
    I have three initial ideas for slide to unlock replacement functionality, but the possibilities are endless:
    -A circle slider, slide a complete circle around a fob ipod click wheel or something like that to unlock
    -A slider that changes the background before/after the sliding element (a delorean sliding along a street, behind the delorean two flame lines... I’m a bit of a BTTF nut)
    -A passcode to unlock (display a number pad, they have to enter the correct code)

A secondary functionality (possibly in a separate app) would be to somehow remove the built in slider and clock overlay of the lock screen html. I’m not talking about just making them transparent, I mean completely gone, so that you can interact with those sections of the lock screen, making it much more interactive than just having 3/5s of the screen to work with. Hopefully this can be done in an app, if not maybe there’s a hack out there someone might be able to come up with.

I have nowhere near the experience necessary to do something like this. All I want is just an app in a good repo that I and others can enjoy. Anyone up for the challenge?

Attached Files: