[Request] Nike+ Sportkit 4 iPod Touch

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by F1N4L, May 6, 2008.

1. F1N4L

F1N4L New Member

Hi Guys

sorry for making 2 posts in this forum in two days but I think it's time to say it again.
    I know there were some threads in the past about this topic.
    But in the past nobody has paid many attention to this subject.

I talk about the Nike+ SportKit.
    I think the hacker community is so big and they've already development so many great and difficult applications, that it's time now to help some people like sports.

I personality do sport every day and i take my iPod Touch always with me. (NO it's not too heavy

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

I think I speak in the name of many peoples whose has jailbroken their touch and like sports.

WHY nobody has tried to making the Nike+ SportKit working on a jailbroken touch?!

I don't understand why to buy the next generation of the iPod Touch if its released, ONLY to get the SportKit work.
    Because that I hope some developers pay attention now on developing a little app to get the Nike SportKit working.

I'm sorry if there is a solution for my problem. I've search many days, many forums and read many things but NOWHERE was a way to bring two of the best things in my life together.

Please, please, pleaselet there be a developer or a hacker who develope something to get it work.

I hope and I think I'm not alone

F1N4L
  2. Boss Kamikaze

Boss Kamikaze New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    only apple can doe this
  3. F1N4L

F1N4L New Member

Why =(

4. Boss Kamikaze

Boss Kamikaze New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    think man apple made this so how is some devoloper gunna make this without nikes consent there just going to get sued
  5. optimo

optimo New Member

as it has been pointed-out in some of the system files it mentions Nike already.

one could assume that they are releasing a new version of Nike+ in the near future -- I suspect full bluetoothiness

afaik, the sportkit you have uses a serial connector throught the dock plug, and the devs are just scratching the surface of what can be done with serial conversation on the device. its limited because developing without full disclosure of the APi by Apple, means you are taking shots in the dark.

it will require some cooperation with Apple before this is fully exploitable, albeit with the next version of Nike+.

Then theres the lil nike pod itself, which may have encoded data coming from it. which may require knowledge of Nike's protocols
  6. F1N4L

F1N4L New Member

That sounds logical.
    And does it means i have to buy the nex generation of the iPod Touch with bluetooth to get the new nike kit working?!

that's really bad =(
  7. mikedavinci22

mikedavinci22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i read somewhere that with the sdk there will come an app that links up the lil nike+ to the ipot
  8. optimo

optimo New Member

yes, bluetooth is only supported on the iphone, however
    it's speculation at this point, but the nike base station may be extending the bluetooth through a dongle, which could be used on iphone or ipod

or try put your ipod in your shoe..;P
  9. daphreexdev

daphreexdev New Member

right now i'am working on this. COmmunication between iphone and the footpod is working, but only with the transmitter(But that's great for you guys with an ipod touch

)

But now i've got a problem. All data is encrypted. SO i need to find the encryption key.
    Maybe someone could help me

?
  10. Greatnesss

Greatnesss Member

Device:
    iPod touch