Request l Jailbreak Restorer

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by SteezyG, Oct 1, 2008.

1. SteezyG

SteezyG New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I previously installed something that caused my ipod to be stuck at the boot logo so I had to restore through iTunes. Now everytime I rejailbreak and if I have to restart it it gets stuck. I've looked at those posts on how to fix that but they don't work. I want to know if theyre is a way to restore the jailbroken part of the ipod because itunes seems to only restore the firmware. If there is no such program can someone tell me how to delete jailbroken things through ssh? I want to have the cleanest jailbreak to start from scratch.

thanks in advance
  2. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    restore with dfu mode.
  3. BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The Jailbreak modifies the firmware of which itunes restores, it touches nothing else so when you restore that is the cleanest slate you can get.
  4. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

DFU mode

plug iPod into pc/mac

power ipod off as normal via power button then sliding to power off

when off hold the home and sleep and count to 10 when you get to about 8 get ready to let go of the power button and when at 10 let go of the power button only and keep holding the home button down till iTunes says it detected an iPod in recovery mode.

restore in iTunes and re-jailbreak
  5. SteezyG

SteezyG New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok. I have restored more than ten times and rejailbroken 10 times through DFU mode because my god damn ipod freezes on the boot logo everytime. and if i ssh in to change applications then it works, but when I restart it again it freezes. i don't want o restore every time i restart my ipod. that is ridiculous

edit: does anyone read the post anymore? or do you read 1 line then post? i clearly stated that i have restore and rejailbroken multiple times.
  6. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    well there is always another option and that is staying clean and have no problems at all
  7. SteezyG

SteezyG New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    the whole reason I'm jailbreaking is for categories because i have so many apps and when i make a folder it restarts and never boots. god damnit
  8. Laxmann19

Laxmann19 New Member

What do you do to to your ipod when you jailbreak it because this shouldn;t happen unless your messing with stuff on your ipod through ssh. See if it is what you're doing by jailbreaking and then without doing anything just restart and see if it does. If it does then you're doing something to mess up your ipod
  9. SteezyG

SteezyG New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i install mobilessh and other important apps from featured list of cydia, then install categories then the crash after making a category which leads to being stuck on boot logo.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I found the fix if this happens to anybody else. Once jailbroken, you need to install the cracked mobileinstallation.
  10. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

That's because you're not using the DevTeam version of QuickPWN which doesn't require you to install pirated software/pirated software enablers. If you'd used the real deal instead of someone's hacked version of it, you wouldn't have that SWoD problem. Oh, and avoid Installer 4, which is also known to cause those issues.

By the way, read the rules at the top of the forum. Notice the thing about cracked applications.