[REQUEST] home screen landscape veiw

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by trejo818, May 30, 2008.

1. trejo818

trejo818 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i was watching a video on youtube about iphone 2.0 concept when i saw this cool feature where when u rotate the iphone the icons also rotate into landscape view. i might not be possible to make an app or program or something that can be able to do this but it would be cool and a great app if it was.

here is the video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y37dDeRCX14
  2. x6blues

x6blues New Member

The video, as you mentioned, was a mock-up by Apple afficianados about what the next iPhone could be.

Currently there is no app out, and I doubt there will be. In order for that to occur, there would probably have to be a complete, custom firmware that could chage such a concept within the iPhone/Touch. Apple would have to be the ones to implement this. (Now, the only thing we can do is modify 1.1.4 firmware with apps and logos)
  3. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    It looks cool and all.......but WTF is the point!??!!? LOL
  4. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    iLounge contest. iLounge has them all the time.
  5. reluttr

reluttr New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Sadly only apple could achieve this for real, because this would have to be totally intergrated with the springboard...Unless someone made a Damion based app that reads the springboard order file and when the ipod is turned sideways it displays the icons... However this would require tons of work, and im not 100% sure anyone is up to it.

Also they can do this by using a application that runs in the background and when the ipod is turned sideways its basically makes a application launcher, but as I said it would require alot of work and it would be glitchie looking.

But yea Id love to see this happen also

Please Register or Log in to view images

, However if you want it to be sideways all the time Im sure you could make a theme that appears like that. But to get the full effect you whould need a specially made program.
  6. The_Judas_Priest

The_Judas_Priest New Member

I'm sure this is up to Apple to put in a future iPhone OS X.
  7. Parm289

Parm289 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I always wonder if it would be possible to make a Daemon that detects when the iPod is horizontal and launches appflow.app.

It would be like coverflow for the springboard. I don't think it would be hard to make such a program.
  8. The_Judas_Priest

The_Judas_Priest New Member

The thought of this made me sexplode in my briefs and forced an involuntary response from my internal organs which left my funholes weeping with bodily fluids.
  9. iHacker

iHacker New Member

I think that vid is extremely cool! I would love to see that come to the iPhone.
  10. trejo818

trejo818 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    an app that allows you to touch the wi-fi bar on the homescreen and turn it off from there like in the vid, is that one more achievable?