[Request] Formal Theming App Applier - Read what I have to say, it is a great idea

Discussion in 'Customization Requests' started by thecooldude, Jul 1, 2009.

1. thecooldude

thecooldude Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was just wondering if somebody could create like a skin for a formal theme applier app. See I was thinking about it and here was what my definition of the theme applier app: A iphone/ipod application file that can easily be modded to have each authors theme be applied through an app that uses an elegant UI of buttons to apply and unapply their theme. There will also be some statistics inside the app of the theme version and any comments from the author.

Note: The app will run of the winterboard mobile substrate addon, but will be privately obscured inside the app, as the theme will not show up in winterboard.

So for example when you download a theme from cydia or manually install it you get an app of the theme name, and for icon of the app you can get a nice mascot icon representing the theme. When you launch it you see a apply and a unapply theme button, with the theme title in nice big letters at the top of the app page. Thats all I am asking for.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Suggestions: (Note I am not an apple developer)
    1) The app could use a payload folder. The payload folder is the place where each person who has their theme could put the copy of the theme into the payload folder, where the theme applier will find the theme to execute.
    2) The app could also use a moddable info.plist where the title of the theme can be edited easily by a text editor (This isn't the app name, I mean inside the app it will say the theme name)

You may or may not like this idea, but think about it... Some people may want to make a finishing touch on their theme, you never know, you may think this app is probably not needed but I don't.

Here's a simulator of it via photoshop:

Here's the UI backround, apply, and unapply icons (In attachments)

Soo... Could somebody make a easy theme applier

Much would be appreciated

Attached Files:

2. thecooldude

thecooldude Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello? Anybody there

Can I have your opinions, and/or somebody who is willing to do so?
  3. cjschriver3

cjschriver3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    GREAT IDEA, you should call it "Winterboard"