[REQUEST] Cameo Keyboard

Discussion in 'Customization Requests' started by Phrizzle, May 12, 2008.

1. Phrizzle

Phrizzle Member

I recently downloaded an awesome keyboard called CameoLeopard, and tried 2 different ways to install it. The first way was to try anad use Danimators Customize Keyboard section, and placed the files there, but no luck, because there is no keyboard option in Danimators Customize.app (although there is supposed to be I think). I also tried replacing Keyboard-StandardQWERTY.artwork in /System/Library/Frameworks/ with no luck still... I did however get another ugly custom keyboard to work, and all I had to do was replace the Keyboard-Common.artwork in /System/Library/Frameworks.

EDIT: It seems like Danimators update added the custom keyboard support, but I still cant seem to figure our how name the 2 images so they work properly... Any help would be awesome! Thanks in advance! (1.1.4)
  2. skeredmobile

skeredmobile New Member

the way to replace keyboards is to navigate to:

/System/Library/Frameworks/UIKITframeworks/

and replace Keyboard-Common.artwork and Keyboard-Latin.artwork

restart your iphone (power off, power back on) and enjoy!

hope that helps
    1 person likes this.
  3. Phrizzle

Phrizzle Member

That worked for a crappy black keyboard, but the only file I have for the CameoLeopard keyboard is Keyboard-StandardQWERTY.artwork and not Keyboard-Common.artwork/Keyboard-Common.artwork. I was hoping someone could possibly point me in the right direction for editing those .artwork files thru Windows Vista, or possibly doing it for me (if easy enough). Im a little noobish when it comes to the whole keyboard.artwork thing...