Request: Better Podcast Downloader

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Kronusdark, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Kronusdark

Kronusdark New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I like MobileCast but i would like to request that someone in the community make one that is a better i really would like a feature where i could turn on my ipod and hit a button and go take a shower or something while it updates my podcasts for me, without sleeping

also i would like it to download from sources based on settings, like newest 3 episodes or something

if the author of MobileCast is around i would love if you could implement these features

also a plain RSS reader would be neat too i dont have wifi at work and it would be nice to catch up on slashdot and other blogs i read during lunch
  2. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    There is an RSS reader called "MobileRSS"

I agree, we do need a new podcast updater

Also the new one should download them to the iTunes part of the iPod just like iTunes would
  3. Kronusdark

Kronusdark New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    im not worried about putting them into the itunesDB i just want them downloaded without much input from me
    i use linux as my main desktop and its a pain in the ass to have to switch os's just to sync my new podcasts every morning, its the only thing that keeps me using windows at all
  4. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

there is a webapp that has lots of podcasts, you dont download them, they just play them through your browser. Il try and find it. I think that mobilecast is good, it just lacks a few features that is needed really, i know what you mean.
  5. Kronusdark

Kronusdark New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i like the webapp but it doesnt help me at work where i get no wifi access