Request Apple to create themes

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by Pome455, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Pome455

Pome455 New Member

Hi,

I think apple should create their own themes for the ipod touch and iPhone. I really don't want to jailbreak my 64gb to get a new background. Apple should make these and put them in a new section of the app store, i would happily pay for themes along as i don't have to jailbreak my ipod or use more cpu. I am not discussing jail breaking here, i am only requesting apple to play nice.

thanks,

any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated
  2. jniranjan

jniranjan Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Apple is too restrictive. Steve Jobs is the long lost brother of Mao Zedong, a former communist leader.
  3. Pome455

Pome455 New Member

they may be but think of the money they would make, i would happily pay $5 for a theme. And it could reduce the amount of jailbreakers
  4. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    I will eat my iPod when Apple supports theming. This will never happen. Ever.
  5. Pome455

Pome455 New Member

it would be really nice to see it though
  6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

It would be nice to see lots of things, but many of these things will never happen.
  7. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I think that apple will do it one day, unfortunately, i dont see it until the fifth or sixth generation, and thats being hopeful. but, one day they will realize that a huge percentage of jailbreakers do it for such little things that they could program much better( no offence developers but apple has billions of dollars their crap is usually higher quality crap

Please Register or Log in to view images

). Like themes, i would pay maybe 2 dollars for a good complete theme. Also things like USB functionality would be great, and are easily doable. There is already a USB program on Cydia, it is slow as hell, but its a start. Hopefully Apple applies little things like this to their firmware one day, but i do think it will be a while.

Sorry for the block of text lmao
  8. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This is an excellent idea, but sadly, Apple will never do this. Why change a winning formula? Apple is doing great right now, no need to use up money to change anything.
  9. Awesome

Awesome Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    True, although you could probably send apple a request for themes, they would accept it, then a couple of days later realize what they had done

Please Register or Log in to view images

(Like the NES app, or many other incidents.)
  10. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    i would hate if apple added themes. but someone should submit cydia to the app store.