[REQ] iPhone for testing with redTool - more info in thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by crizh4x, Apr 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have mixed emotions about asking this, but I thought I would throw it out there anyway.

The 2G jailbreakers out there know about redTool and how great it is, they also know about how great it is going to become in the future.

I have spoken some with Planetbeing, Chronic, and MuscleNerd at different points throughout redTool's development and they are supporting the App as well as many of the repository owners that are giving me permission to use their repos in AppManager (a redTool 2.0 component).

The reason I am making this thread is because I want to expand redTool beyond just the 2G iPod touch to support all iPhones and iPod touch devices. I can already support all iPod touch devices because I have a 1G and a 2G that I can use for testing, etc. However, I don't have an iPhone to test.

I feel mixed about asking this because I could most likely give support to the iPhones without problem, but I'd honestly rather be able to fully test compatibility and other things before deploying something that could do damage to your device on accident.

I am asking anyone that has an unused 1G or even 3G that is deactivated and no longer needed if they would feel comfortable donating it to redTool for development purposes. PM me if you want more info and/or think you may want/be able to donate.

If you don't know very much about redTool, check it out here: http://www.redtool-dev.org

Thank you!
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Before anyone makes a post here let me just say that if you don't want to or can't donate an iPhone for help with his work in providing the community (yes YOU) with what will be a great utililty then don't post.

We know it's only a small chance that someone would be willing to part with a device for free but if someone can then that would get big kudos from me, Chris and I expect many, many more from the IPTF community.

If you want to add some support or encouragement or other positive comments here then please do.

Chris has my full support in this endeavor. Good luck mate.
  3. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks stu. Yes, it's not like I'm asking for this to keep as my personal device or anything, and yes, I know that the odds are low but I thought I might as well ask and see what people might have to contribute. I know that there were a handful of people who upgraded from their 1G iPhones to the 3G so I'm quite sure they aren't using the 1G anymore.

Where I'm from, it never hurts to ask

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. pluspeed66

pluspeed66 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i rather give it to the poor....
  5. MuscleNerd

MuscleNerd Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What does support the app mean?

I don't remember supporting any one app over another.

6. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Eh, I think we can close this thread. Planetbeing is pretty pissed off as far as I can tell and I'm not sure whether or not I'll even finish redTool. I'm taking a break from it today and looking into rewriting it in C/C++.

You never supported one over the other, no, but you've definitely helped me out some on IRC in order to get things working in the past. At any length, I appreciate that

7. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thread closed as requested.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.