Reputation Suggestions

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by kingjarman, Feb 3, 2008.

1. kingjarman

kingjarman Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    REPUTATION SUGGESTIONS.

1. i'm feeling a visible rep thing, like under post count. so ppl would stop posting "omg cosign", and actually post something meaningful.

2. it should be so that people cannot give you bad rep just because they are 'haters.' there should be a reason for repping, and if mods were to find that people were downrepping for no reason, they could get suspended or banned or whatnot.

3. accounts must be over a certain age, or post limit, whichever seems better, in order to give rep. this would be in order to avoid multiple account repping.

4. daily downrepping limit per user, to prevent downrepping a certain user multiple times. OR ..

5. daily downrepping limit on a certain user, also to prevent downrepping.

6. if reps were to be visible, have names for the rep. (ipod touch jerk, ipod touch sweetie, etc etc.)

7. names of reppers should be visable, in order to see 'haters' just downrepping. (danls92).
    1 person likes this.
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I completely agree.

I also wonder if the names of people who repped you should be visable. On the up-side, it could prevent somebody who just doesn't like somebody else from repeatedly repping them down.

On the down side, somebody could get mad at somebody else for repping them down.
  3. x6blues

x6blues New Member

im not really seeing any benefits of reps because all it does is make problems arise.when people need help they are not lookin for some1 with a good rep, ur going to accept help from any1
  4. kingjarman

kingjarman Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    yeah, exactly.
    it's like on xbox live, when you pwn, and teh losers report you for tampering. ¬¬
    and maybe also a daily repping limit? or a repping limit per user?
    or something of that nature.
  5. jstlookinground

jstlookinground New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    i just see people asking for rep points, people creating accounts just to vote for themselves, giving bad points for no reason. i just dont see how it benifits anything. maybe im wrong.
  6. x6blues

x6blues New Member

lol i was thinking the exact same thing. some1 is gonna make like 80 accounts just to get their rep up lol
  7. kingjarman

kingjarman Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    maybe you wouldn't, but i would.
  8. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I posted your suggestions in the Mod Lounge,
    And we will discuss them

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. KaeMarie

KaeMarie New Member

ok all of the stuff you said is great

BUT

first you cant see other peoples reps, so why would it matter if people were doing all of the above stated.

i mean right now at this time the rep system really doesnt do much but boost the egos of the people who can see their own.
  10. Virtualball

Virtualball Well-Known Member

I apparently have a rep of 13. Yay? I vote for the whole "let's see everyones reputation" argument.