reprogramming

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ccc1963, Jan 2, 2008.

1. ccc1963

ccc1963 New Member

My son TRIED to relprogram his ipod touch telling me he could add games & google searches to his Ipod. He had now messed it up and cannot get itunes to recognize his ipod. Has anyone tried this & do you know how to fix it!!!

Thanks,
    Ticked off mom!!
  2. skyline_-

skyline_- New Member

Hi, tell your son that this is ILLEGAL. I will be warning apple about this - enjoy paying $30,000.
  3. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

It's not illegal. Your son just seems not to have followed proper jailbreak procedure. Have you tried the force-restore method?
  4. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You have to tell your son what my mother has told me many times. READ READ READ READ READ. Unless the procedures to jailbreak (hack) the ipod touch are followed exactly it will likely cause problems. And while this is not illegal. It will void any waranty you have on the ipod, also Apple does not in any way support this procedure.

Also in your post you say your "ticked off", please i warn you dont direct your anger at us or any of the posters here. All the methods on this site work as long as they are followed correctly. I see people every day saying this program/tutorial/hack messed up my ipod. My simple reply to all of them is "No, you messed up your ipod". We are all willing to help, as long as you/your son read all the info that has been presented.
  5. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    First off, it would help do to some background research on jailbreaking. The process allows you to install apps and gain access to the files (I'm not sure what you meant about google searches).

The best advice would be to force restore it, following these directions: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2790

Just ignore skyline_- everybody else does.