Repository

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jascaentipol, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Jascaentipol

Jascaentipol New Member

What exactly is a repository, how exactly is one made, and how can i make somthing (ie. winterboard theme, somthing like five icon dock) in windows vista, and then put it in my repository and host it from my website?
  2. Sitruss

Sitruss New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Since you are asking these questions you clearly are not in need of a repository.
  3. Jascaentipol

Jascaentipol New Member

exactly, but i sure as hell would love to be. everyone has to start somewhere, right? musclenerd wasnt born with a silver iphone in his mouth =P
  4. voLcoM¯

voLcoM¯ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    true, true. i like ur spirit

Please Register or Log in to view images

. i am going to answer the first part of ur question. its basically a source for packages on cydia. games, tools, ect. the rest can be found on this sites handy search function and google

5. Sitruss

Sitruss New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you're seriously considering a repo, make sure you get a solid webhost, and that you have things that people want.
  6. Jascaentipol

Jascaentipol New Member

yea, i have a solid webhost from godaddy, and, if you cant already tell im noob at repos, how would you make, lets say, a program to change the wallpaper on an itouch. and remember, all on windows.
    thanks in advance

7. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I think he is more interested in theme development and having it posted to a repo not running his own repo.

As far as 5 dock goes thats some heavy stuff there you should start out with simple app development but that will require you to have a mac unless you plan to compile and run the code directly on the touch. In which case you are going to need to know c/c++/objC

For high-level app development see developer.apple.com For low-level stuff.. uhh wow, 'I' don't even know where to tell you to begin. Maybe learn C and assembler. Your going to need to know assembler and machine code to do some serious ipod hacking and patching stuff.
  8. Jascaentipol

Jascaentipol New Member

you know, i think thats exactly what i need. being that i just installed debian gnu/linux on vista, and it explained that to finish the install, i need to move my partitions around, and i hadn't planned on doing that untill windows 7 came out to dual boot, so i guess my own repo is out of the question.
    so i guess my next question is this: is theme creating, or anything of that sort, even possible on windows? i know that the iphone sdk is, and will always be, only mac, and that almost all iphone development is done on a mac, so where can i start in that case? thanks again

9. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    For themes just google 'create themes for winterboard' you will get a ton of tutorials with templates and directions.
  10. Jascaentipol

Jascaentipol New Member

well i understand how to theme, i made a few and ssh'd them into my itouch, made some icons, custom battery, wallpaper, dock, status bar, sliders, the whole deal. how exactly are the files made that, when downloaded from a cydia repository, tell where to place the theme?