Report wait time?

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by David., Apr 20, 2010.

1. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Why is there a time limit on reporting posts post? I see two or mores in threads I am viewing and I want to report and move on. But I have to wait 60 seconds or whatever the time limit is to do so.
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    to limit spam
  3. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    But it can allow more spam to pass.
  4. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If a spammer post one a mod can see then block and ban/warn the person. If no limit the spammer can open multiple posts and then autosend them and its more work.
  5. solidness

solidness Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Think about it, without a time limit, people could just spam "Report Post" for any reason they want, and the moderators wouldn't be able to see the truly offensive posts. And 60 seconds isn't even that long. Calm down Jug, reporting as many posts as you can, as fast as you can isn't going to up your reputation.
  6. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't wait that long.
  7. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Everytime a post is reported, it sends an email to all of the Super Mods/Bgizzle's email. Personally, I'm glad a spam bot/unhappy user can't just report hundreds of posts in 15 minutes. Normally, if there is any other offending posts in the same thread, we will get it.

If you find another post in a different thread that is offensive, please just shoot a VM with a link to the thread/post to the moderator that is online. Other than that, I wouldn't worry about the report limit to much.
  8. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    waiting 60 seconds is not going to affect response time. I understand that you want to "report and move on", but maybe do yourself a favor and do some push-ups or get something else done during that brief period of emptiness, lol.