"report button abuse" warning? wtf

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by bimple, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bimple

bimple New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I had not logged in to this site for months and I got an e-mail saying I had a message here so I logged in and checked my private messages and found I had been warned for "report button abuse" by a super moderator. I wrote to the super mod and asked him exactly why I had received this warning, onsidering the fact that I haven't been logged in here for quite some time, and I received no response. I am curious to know exactly why I received this warning, because as I said I haven't posted here in a long time, and this just seemed to come from nowhere. I have been the admin of many vbulletin sites, and I understand how these things work and why they are implemented, however it would be nice to know exactly why I have received this warning so I can determine if possibly my account was compromised, or to learn so I don't receive any warnings in the future. The only time I have reported anyone here is when they were obviously a spam bot - making off-topic posts that are linking to pay sites etc..

here is the warning: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214631

The message I received said:

I agree with the above statement 100% and I would love to know exactly what I did so I can understand and follow the guidelines.
  2. Tourniquet.

Tourniquet. Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    weird!

but sorry bro, cant do anything about it

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ok, email or PM bgizzle, beig polite and not exploding up at him. Ask how it happened and if he could look into it.
  4. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

I have looked into it. We warned the wrong user. I'm going to reverse it now.

However, this is something that you should bring up with the moderator that infracted/warned you. From what I can see, we infracted the wrong user.

Sorry about that. Thread Closed.
  5. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Do you guys never learn? Jeez, how hard is it to contact a moderator (or a few) before posting an inflammatory thread like this in public?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.