Repo help.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ipod touch fan, Dec 4, 2007.

1. ipod touch fan

ipod touch fan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yes does anyone knows were to make an installer source (repo). So i can upload things to my friends. Pls post here for ideas on how to creat an easy repo, or installer source for ipod touch and iphone. i have a mac. For anyone that needs to know my computer platform.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Well, technically, all repos that work in the touch are mac compatible. Your best bet is to find an already confirmed working and well trusted repository, such as the official ipodtouchfans repository. http://www.touchrepo.com/repo.xml If you open that up in your browser, right click the page, then click on view source to get the complete source.

Read it, study it, learn it, and then apply it to what you want to do. Copy and paste from mine even (the official one I linked to earlier), I'm okay with that. And of course, feel free to ask any questions you may have.

--Skylar
  3. ipod touch fan

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Sorry, i meant were can i make a repo so i can upload things to installer via a installer source.
  4. Pyrofer

Pyrofer New Member

I just used my own website.
    I think free hosting ones should do, you just need to make the xml files and put the zip etc in the right place. Its a little harder than I thought, SkylarEc helped me...
    If you have somethign you want to host but cant be bothered with a Repo, i can probably host stuff for you. (nothing big

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  5. ipod touch fan

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Thanks ill thing about it, will freewebs do? Or can someone tell me were is the best website host to make a repo. is there like any guide.