Replacing ipod HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by raEEv3, May 25, 2008.

1. raEEv3

raEEv3 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Okay,
    First of all, my city just got their first Apple store yesturday. Workers are pretty new, so i'm thinking I can fool them badly.
    I bought my ipod touch off craiglists (brand new, still has apple warranty) so i'm going to go in and say I got this as a gift, don't have a reciept sorry.
    But here's the catch, since it's a new applestore, I know nothing whats inside. My ipod was purchased in December, and now they have v2 ipod touch. I'm not sure if they sell the old one or just the new one. Somebody answer to that please.
    So anyways, would they replace my old ipod? if they don't sell the old ipod version? I still have apple warranty.
    So anyways, right now, my ipod touch is at spinning wheel of death, and i'm too lazy to fix it, won't restore, can't SSH - not really trying LOL.. so i'm going to go to the apple store soon, and tell them to replace it, since I can't restore, they can't either.. they HAVE to give me a new one. But if they fix it, I still have a problem under neath that. I installed invisible shield to my touch, and water went inside.. i'm going to say it had water marks when I first got it.. and it's impossible rain got in, because I have a sturdy case.. When I say sturdy, I mean sturdy.. I can't pull the case out. So if they take in my ipod, and they give me a new one, i'm going to say, can I have my old one back since I can't pull out the case, maybe I can do it at home. It's broken, so whats the harm?

You think I can pull it through? I don't have reciept though.. Do I need to bring box? Or is touch okay? Btw. It's jailbroken, but if they restore it.. it will be gone.. so i'm good right

Please Register or Log in to view images

?
    I'm also wondering, if I leave my ipod shut off with spinning clog of death not fixed, will it damage my ipod or like fry it? I'm not going to fix it, since I can't restore it, i'm going to let apple do it

if they can't .. then too bad for them

But wait.. I can't restore it manually, but my ipod still pops up on my iTunes?

a problem there!

edit : I just figure, I would restore it back, because since it pops up on itunes, it says the firmware, if they restore it, and find out it's back to 112, i'm kinda screwed.
  2. f1av0rflave

f1av0rflave Banned

Theres A V2?
  3. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    There's no 2nd gen iPod Touch yet. They're all the same so far except maybe what firmware they're on.
  4. raEEv3

raEEv3 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    v2 is not 2nd generation. v2 is the newer updated version of ipod touch, firmware 113/114 with the new dock, maps, stocks, gps and stuff
  5. Sickly_slick

Sickly_slick New Member

save your warrenty and use it after appstores been released.
    probably benefit you more than using it now