Replacing Elan Converitible

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rohit92, Feb 20, 2008.

1. rohit92

rohit92 New Member

Jan 26, 2008
    From a previous post "Every once in a while when I am on jailbroken 1.1.3 my iPod touch turns off by itself and the only way I can turn it on is by pressing the top sleep button and the home button at the same time (restarting it). When I do not have 1.1.3 jailbroken, it does not happen. I have discussed this problem before and many people are saying that it involves the case that I have and its magnets...Elan Griffin Convertible. Anyway, if it only happens on a jailbroken 1.1.3 iPod, then it does not make any sense. Currently, I am trying to test it through jailbroken 1.1.1 just to make sure that it only happens on 1.1.3. But, in any case, if it does not happen on a non-jailbroken 1.1.3....then what is the problem?"

Well, I could not figure out the problem, but I called the company again and they said the would replace it for me. I ordered the replacement because the company wanted me to be completely satisfied. The freezing happens so randomly and I do not know why. I have only noticed it though when my I jailbreak, maybe it is just my frame of mind that thinks that way. I really do not think a replacement of the case will make a difference, but hey, it is worth a try. If it does not work, the company is willing to give me a case of my choice from the website. Anybody have any suggestions? Anyway, I will let you guys know if there is still a problem once I receive it.