replacement ipod touch 2g with lines on screen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hamlet423, Jun 25, 2009.

1. hamlet423

hamlet423 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    sigh

ipod 2g 32 gig still under warranty
    the wake button on top did not click anymore and often did not work
    brought back to apple store, and they gave me a refurbed one

got home, it took HOURS for a restore (why does it take so long when it does not put back any music or video on it??), then I noticed the screen is just not the same...it almost looks like vertical scan lines on the screen, like an old tv...I can almost see through some of the text and the menus, like weird hatch patterns ...
    kind of like the vertical refresh is not correctly set? the blacks arent fully black since I can see little spaces between the scan lines...
    any way to fix that or must I return and ask for another one?

David
  2. EBOBO

EBOBO New Member

Return and ask for a NEW one. Make sure you just don't ask for a replacement. Specifically new in box. I don't know if they let you do that, but I heard it somewhere from iPTFF.
  3. got_milk?

got_milk? New Member

I would demand a brand new one, especially since the supposed refurb isn't working properly. Check before you leave the store that the seal isn't broken, etc.
  4. hrh

hrh New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I went to the apple store yesterday for a new ipod due to audio problems, and they specifically asked the warehouse workers for an ipod (they used a coded term for a specific ipod type so i couldnt tell properly) anyway it was in a ugly brown cardboard box with a just an ipod inside. Due to this im guessing it was a refurbished one, i asked before it was brought to me, could i have a brand new replacement, and the genius and bar said, they will get me the best the system allows. The guy opened the box (was taped) and handed me just the ipod. So unfortunately i didnt get a chance to make sure it was brand new in a nice new retail box. Although it seems to work perfectly, the rear cover is in perfect condition (brand new casing defintely, if it was a refurb), so im just hoping it was a brand new in a replacement box. But i doubt it was since on the receipt of exchange, it said the ipod cost £99 (even though it was 16GB 2nd gen!!) (of course £99 was deducted due to warranty). Anyway i was moderately happy with the exchange, since my previous ipod had a fairly deep scratch on the front screen and lots and lots of hairline ones on the back. And the new is in perfect cosmetic condition, not a single mark

Please Register or Log in to view images

I was packed in the usual plastic covers, the outer pocket shaped one, and then the sticky one around the connector and screen, as well as the multiple tiny thin plastic stickers with warnings and whatnot around the ipod.

Take it back the store and ask for a new one, restore your ipod a few times before you go, see if it goes away, if not take it back and state you done some restores and it persistantly happens.