Replacement Cable after Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by InsertiPodHere, Feb 14, 2009.

1. InsertiPodHere

InsertiPodHere New Member

OK, this is my first post here, and I feel like this is going to make me look really stupid, but here goes.

I got an iPod touch 2G on Jan 9, 2009 (day of macworld) at bestbuy (because its cheaper then the apple store in Canada)

I jailbreaked my iPod with redsn0w and the 2.2.1 firmware this morning (Feb 14), it was fun, and the jailbreak is working really well.

After about an hour of the Jailbreak, I noticed that the cable that the iPod comes with (USB Cable, yes the really short one) has the plastic wrapper almost ripped out of the iPod end, the cable still works, but it looks like its going to snap any moment.

Will Apple replace my cable (I know a nearby apple store), will they check the iPod to see if its jailbroken, I really don't want to restore and jailbreak again, and if they do check, is there any apps that hides anything that is jailbroken?

Thanks for your time.

P.S. I got the receipt from bestbuy
    P.S.S. Any good recommandations for good jailbroken apps? (doesn't have to be cydia, I can SSH, used to use linux)
  2. oO R HOWARTH Oo

oO R HOWARTH Oo New Member

:s no i dont think so just take the recipt along with the cable and explain what happened just say u bought the ipod for a family member ur bro or sister cuzen nd the cable broke thay didnt want to give u the ipod cos thay took it out to show there freinds and that is ther ne chance of a replacment if not nd u ddont want to go threw all the hasle just buy a new 1 from ebay :S 99p $2 or so holp it helped lol
    ------------------double post merged------------------

heres a link to the acsesories page with tons of cheap ipod items its probs better to buy from here ....

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133525:D
  3. InsertiPodHere

InsertiPodHere New Member

Thanks for all your help.

I called Apple, they said they'll replace it by mail, but they need a credit card (which I don't have), and the store can't replace (weird).

So, I'll eirther buy a new one or just go with electrical tape

Again, thank you for your time.
  4. oO R HOWARTH Oo

oO R HOWARTH Oo New Member

np mate tbh ur probs best off buying a new one

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. iCrap

iCrap Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    nd ur tehbest to lern teh engrishes

learn to talk.

why woudnt the apple store have any cables? weird...