iPhone 3GS replacement 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhone_Anyone?, Sep 16, 2009.

1. iPhone_Anyone?

iPhone_Anyone? New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    hey guys my uncle has the iphone and my brother wants one. my brother is on t-mobile. so if my uncle just told apple that he wanted a replacement because his has water damage, they would give him the iphone for 400 right??? my bro wants a estimate price for the phone. so my uncle would just get the new iphone for him for 400. help please.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. klub242

klub242 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Pretty sure apple would either require the old iPhone, repair the old one, or make your uncle pay full price for the new iPhone (or extend his contract, depending on how close it is to ending). I'm not an expert on Apple/ATT policies though, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works. They're not going to just hand out a subsidized iPhone without a new/extended contract.
    And assuming you're in the U.S.... An iPhone 3GS is only $200 for a 16gb and $300 for a 32gb on contract, not $400. Without a contract they're another $400.
  3. iPhone_Anyone?

iPhone_Anyone? New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    yea i understand. we went to the apple store and i am in florida. they said we needed to renew the contract and then get the phone for 400. i just wanted to see if anyone has any experience with this here.
  4. klub242

klub242 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well sounds like they gave you a pretty good answer.
  5. Gotanks0407

Gotanks0407 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    how about you say it was stolen instead