Replace with Backup File

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by StuMcBill, Mar 20, 2008.

1. StuMcBill

StuMcBill New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    While editing my N45AP.plist file, I have obviously did something wrong, and my Ipod wont boot up, however I can get into recovery mode.

I backed up the original file, is there anyway I can access the file system in the ipod to but the backup back on?

Thanks

Stu
  2. shortguy088

shortguy088 New Member

download ZiPhone 2.6b and clicked advanced options and you can start it up in normal mode or in restore mode
  3. wantstuff

wantstuff New Member

Not sure how you made the backup or even if I properly understand what you mean, but if it's a standard iPod system/OS backup made in iTunes...
    From iTunes hold the shift key down and click the Restore button, you'll then be presented with a File Open type dialog box and you can select your backup.
  4. StuMcBill

StuMcBill New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What happened was:

I installed Capturate onto my iPod touch and was trying to enable the "Camera Roll" function by editing my N45AP.plist file.

I SSH'd into my iPod made a copy of the original N45AP.plist file, edited the file on the iPod, and rebooted.

However my iPod would not reboot into Springboard, it just hung at the Apple logo.

I could however get into recovery mode, so I just wondered if there was anyway I could access the internal file system to replace the "broken" N45AP.plist file with the backup, as this was the only file that was causing the iPod to malfunction.

After trying to connect via USB I took the decision to restore to 1.1.4 and start again.