Replace Old SSH App with OpenSSH?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by xomphos, Nov 12, 2007.

1. xomphos

xomphos New Member

Hi,

I jailbroke my 1.1.1 16GB Touch back in the old days (lol) when you had to use various programs and means to do so. Since it was back in the early stages, I assume that it installed the SSH App that constantly runs. So, after I did that, I got the services app which I use to turn SSH on and off. I am getting kind of tired of using that program and having the icon clutter up on my touch. I just took a look at OpenSSH from Installer.app and read that it doesn't need to be managed as it already is designed for battery conservation. I would like to "upgrade" to OpenSSH. How would I do this? Do I remove my old SSH first? If so, how? There isn't a way to remove it in the Installer.

Thanks!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. xomphos

xomphos New Member

Nevermind, I figured it out. Thanks though. Anyways, I also decided that since the whole iPhone Apps problem has been figured out, I am going to restore to 1.1.1, jailbreak it and upgrade to 1.1.2.
  3. adamman41

adamman41 New Member

haha do u thin jk u could tell me what to do, i havent gotten OpenSSH yet and ive had mine jailbroken for months.. i was waiting on this topic to see replies so could utell me what to do? If i get openSSH how do i get rid of dropbear if i need to? THANKS
  4. xomphos

xomphos New Member

I wish I could. I didn't save the link that told how to get rid of dropbear. It involved something of SFTP'ing in though. I tried searching to find the link for you again but couldn't come across it.
    Try searching on Google for key words such as "open ssh ipod touch", "remove dropbear ipod", etc.