Replace default wallpapers possible?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by KingPelvis, Mar 17, 2008.

1. KingPelvis

KingPelvis New Member

I was wondering if it was possible to trash the default wallpapers in Settings/General/Wallpaper/Wallpaper and put my own wallpapers in there instead of having them as photos that are synced as regular photos?

It's a minor point but I think it would be good to actually have my wallpapers in the folder named Wallpaper and not in some other photo folder.

But I'm worried that it will all come crashing down if I just delete the originals and upload my own. Because the originals have thums. Or will there be thumbs automatically generated?

Worried.
  2. romeboards

romeboards Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)

nah. ive done this since i first got my ipod. they are in /Library/Wallapers. just delete everything, and when you go to put in a new image, just make sure you make a copy of it and add a ".thumbnail' i think they belong in png format too.

i.e.

you need a both wallpaper.png and wallpaper.thumbnail.png (the name of the image doesnt matter)
  3. KingPelvis

KingPelvis New Member

I'm wondering... I can't open these wallpaper pngs with anything so they don't appear to be in standard png format. And the thumbnails are tiny so they are really probably supposed to be thumbnails and not just copies of the full res files.

Would like to understand how this works before I mess with it.

But thanks!
  4. 8gigaPodTouch

8gigaPodTouch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    u need to convert it first to be read by the computer, and thumbnails are automatically generated, so need to add one.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. romeboards

romeboards Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    there no need for resizing the thumbnails, it saves time and it just swishes the picture..
  6. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    yeah you can do it. Don't even worry about a thumbnail.
  7. KingPelvis

KingPelvis New Member

OK, I did it! Surprisingly nothing exploded!

Thank you all for your patience with me!
  8. supershick

supershick New Member

hey guys,

i own an iphone but i bought my gf an ipod touch. i really like those new ipod touch wallpapers with the ever so famous dancing people. the iphone doesn't have it but I was hoping someone could send me those images so i can load it in my phone.

i could SSH into her ipod touch but she's back in school in missouri and i'm in california so that's a no go. any help fellas or fellettes? thanks for all the help =)
  9. Nevar [touchmyself]

Nevar [touchmyself] New Member

Hey there Super. While I've not used the site in a while, here is a link to the containing zip file. I hope that helps.