Repairing T-Mobile iPhone??!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by carri07, Sep 23, 2009.

1. carri07

carri07 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Ok i made a post about but got my answer somewhere else. However there is still one part that i am not certain about. I can send my iphone 3GS which i bought at ebay, jailbroke it and unlocked it. The battery doesnt last much and thats the reason why i might send it in to get a new one or something. But, the only problem is that i have T-mobile. I dont know if they will ask me for my carrier details or anything or if i get a new one will they have to activate right there? or they will just send it in?

I will restore it before going to the store obviously. But what will they do about me not having an ATT sim card or account information?

I would be greatly appreciated if you could answer this.

Thanks
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    I don't think they can do any thing. They will just replace it. But you might want to read around because there have been many reports from iPhone users that battery life on 3.1 is crap and apple is investigating the battery life situation. They might just say it has to do with the firmware and there is nothing they can do at the moment but who knows they might replace it.
  3. carri07

carri07 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well after some investigation, i called nd they said they will most likely change it ( which is good since the one i bought at ebay came a little scratched since it was used) however, they said they need the sim card to activate it. And i will deff not give them my Tmobile sim card.

However since i have uncles and friends that have ATT i was thinking of taking their sim card and saying that it its my sim card and once they activate it under their card... i ll take it out give it to them and jailbreak, unlock it so i can use it once again with my new t mobile iphone.

Do you think this will work?
  4. beefstrudel

beefstrudel Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yeah that'll work but whoevers sim card u use will have a nice new iphone plan on their at&t account
  5. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I have gone in with multiple 3G's and one 3GS.

Most of the time I tell them the truth; just got the phone on eBay (or CL) and have not switched my number over to AT+T. If it is a problem I offer to go do it now and return with a legit SIM card; most of the geniuses say they have to go ask but tell me it's not a problem and they let me leave with an unactivated phone. The last time I went in (was with a brand new 3GS that had hairline cracks) I showed the genius my current 3G that I was using and told him that I had no intentions of upgrading to the 3GS at that time and did not need the 3GS activated. He didn't really question it and sent me out with a new phone.

I have also thought about going in with an AT+T prepaid SIM card but not sure if that would make things easier or not.