Repairing an iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by twitchy204, Sep 23, 2009.

1. twitchy204

twitchy204 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    So recently, my friend had an iphone, cracked the screen, and got a new phone. he didn't wanna mess with it anymore, so i told him i'd buy it for $50. so now i have a 16gb iphone with a cracked screen. so, i'm planning on fixing it my self. i've found an ebay listing for the glass+digitizer, adhesive strips, and case opener tool and i'm planning on buying that soon. i'm considering replacing the battery as well, but want an opinion on how easy that is(i'm pretty sure that would void my warranty). so, i might edit this with more questions, but for now... what are the supplies that i need for opening the iphone and replacing the glass+digitizer? i know i need the glass+digitizer, adhesive strips, some small screwdrivers, some paper clips and something to get the thing opened. stuff.... am i forgetting anything?

oh yeah, whats the best way to get an iphone opened? like, i've seen people using these "case opener tools", and i've seen suction cups, and i've seen a few other things... so which would be the method/tool that would have the least risk of messing something up?

wow, what a mess of a post.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    edit. i reposted this in what appears to be the correct forum. please lock this post.

new>> http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1866340#post1866340
  2. revabust

revabust New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi twitchy204,

Well dude,this seems to be problem related to its chips and working magnet.Consult a good vendor or try to search out the main problem regarding iphone and its accessories.

Thanks
  3. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

visit www.ifixit.com if you want like a tutorial to open up the phone and repair tuts.