Renew Lease

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by HankScorpioCEO, Nov 8, 2007.

1. HankScorpioCEO

HankScorpioCEO New Member

I've been having trouble connecting to WiFi all day after a month of it working fine. So I read the forums and they all say to renew lease. Here's the problem - I click:

Settings > Wi-Fi > then the blue circle with the arrow next to the network I'm trying to connect to, and there is no renew lease? I looked under DHCP, BootP and Static. Can't find it anywhere. There is also no - forget this network button. Am I looking in the wrong place and being a moron? My guess is yes, but I'm stumped.
  2. sagsi

sagsi New Member

The "Forge this Nework" button is at the very top of the IP Address information page (above the DHCP/BootP/Static buttons) ... scroll all the way to the *top* of the page.

The "Renew Lease" button is almost at the very bottom of the page, below the network info and just above the "HTTP Proxy" buttons ... scroll all the way to the *bottom* of the page.
  3. HankScorpioCEO

That's what I thought from pictures online. but I've tried scrolling up higher or down lower and all that happens is it "pulls" me back.. nothing but grey above and below. I haven't hacked my phone in any way, and I know I've seen both those buttons before. But now nothing.
  4. sagsi

sagsi New Member

Hmm ... it didn't occur to me that if you are not connected to the network, you may not have those buttons. Is there anything in the network information ... IP Address, DNS info, Router, Subnet Mask, etc.?

Have you tried powering down your touch to see if perhaps that resets it so it will reconnect to your network?
  5. HankScorpioCEO

Yup, exactly what I did. Booted back up, and still nothing. I'm definitely not connecting, no bars up top. I have a laptop right next to me though and it's connecting just fine to the same University Wi-FI. Weirdness.
  6. cocopuf

cocopuf New Member

No Renew Lease button

I'm having the exact same problem as you do (cannot connect to wi-fi & no Renew Lease) when I'm home and trying to connect to my Netgear wi-fi router to my computer.

Do I have to be connected to itunes (I'm using iTunes 7.1.1.1) to use wi-fi?

However, when I'm at the university, it works fine?! I can connect anywhere.

I wish I knew what to do?

Please Register or Log in to view images