Renaming Apps

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by pyroblage, Oct 17, 2009.

1. pyroblage

pyroblage New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    rename II cool app but whenever I change a name of an app the icon picture changes. I’m using Illunmine in winterboard so I want to preserver its icons it provided.

Is there a method I can rename the apps without changing the image of the icon. I'm afraid if I try renaming it through ssh I’m going too some how ruin something it won't work on my ipod anymore x.x

should i even bother renaming apps i read something about if the app updates something might happen or go wrong?... i don't know

Edited. sorry

Like say I’m changing the gpSPhone app, renaming it to like GBA the icon plus the picture changes the size changes back to full normal size icon instead of the compact smaller icon and the pictures goes back to the ugly purple square with a gameboy plastered on it instead of the clean silver looking gba. So I was wondering if its possible to rename an app without the picture changing away from the given Illunmine(winterboard) sets. Sorry hope the Kind of clear it up
  2. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Wanted to help you, I did, but confuse me, your words do.
  3. Uchiha1911

Uchiha1911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    The icons are configured by name.

Example: If you rename 'Clock' to 'Mail' the icon of the clock will disappear, and the mail icon will now show up for your clock.

This can't be changed, unless you change the theme/make your own theme.

BTW: Work on your English

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. dazzyboy007

dazzyboy007 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    SSH into the theme and change the names of the icons inside the themes folders to what you are changing your apps to

e.g if u changegpSPhone to gameboy then SSH into the winterboard themes find the one your using then find the app icon (gpSPhone.gif or something along those lines) and change it to gameboy.gif and it should change

hope i helped

Please Register or Log in to view images