Renaming Applications

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by trsblader, Nov 3, 2009.

1. trsblader

trsblader Member

Hi there. Fairly new to the SSH world and customizing the iPods as well. I know you can use the app rename to rename icons, however things like photos and videos aren't able to be renamed through that. I was able to SSH in and rename my maps and mail to something else, and was wondering how to rename the videos and photos. For instance "com.apple.WHATGOESHEREFORVIDEOS" = "what i want"....

Also, for third party apps I can use rename, but I want to know how to SSH them to change just to say I can do it. As in, once I'm in SSH (I use CyberDuck by the way), what folders do I go to in order to either see my list of installed apps and rename them. For instance, I have the textfromlastnight app (NOT a cracked app, it's free, and besides, I buy my apps) and I want to rename it...how?

I tried searching for this subject and most things I found were either for old firmware and I couldn't find the paths they were talking about, or people just said "Download rename from cydia."

Thanks guys. If it has indeed been answered, a link to the thread would be appreciated.