removing icons

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by bdkap, Oct 13, 2007.

1. bdkap

bdkap New Member

Is there a way to remove an icon. say i don't want the clock on the springboard at all. I dont want to delete it, i just dont want to see it.
    Also is there a way to put a Blank space on the springboard. if i only wanted 3 icons on the first page and then all the others on the second page.
    would it work if i made a folder blank.app and put an icon in there of just an alpha channel and then made plist with the identifier something like com.apple.blank ? i would test this but i have no clue how to make a plist correctly for this.
  2. bradisonn

bradisonn New Member

ha, i just posted a thread exactly like this...damn. well if anyone knows, please let us know
  3. dano

dano New Member

i wanna find out too.. i dont need the stocks and clock app o.o
  4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

1) Open up your N45AP.plist and look for the app that you don't want showing up on the SpringBoard.

2) Highlight everything from <dict> to </dict> that surrounds the app you want to hide. Then Cut.

3) Scroll down to the bottom and look for the Special key. It should already have some things like DemoApp in there.

4) Following the Syntax, paste what you have just cut in that list inder Special.

5) Either Reboot your iPod, or click on SMBPrefs and tap on "Restart "SpringBoard"

Note, be very careful when cutting and pasting. The smallest of mistakes in the N45AP.plist will cause NOTHING to appear on your SpringBoard. Fortunately, it's easy to fix this, just find your mistake and correct it.
  5. muck

muck New Member

can just download iorder, which creates the .plist automagically if your not brave enough to edit the file.
  6. eddy1103

eddy1103 New Member