removing charging beep

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by yotonah, Mar 5, 2010.

1. yotonah

yotonah New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hey, I was wondering if there is a way to remove the little beep that plays when you plug your ipod into a charger?

I want to remove it because my charger has some kind of problem, and often disconnects for a second. When it reconnects a second later, it plays the stupid beep, which gets really annoying.

Thanks alot!
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Your best bet would be to get a new charger. The current on/off flick probably isn't good for your iPod touch... To my knowledge you can't turn it off though there may be a hack lurking around somewhere that lets you turn it off on jailbroken devices.
  3. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you just mean the charging sound, this is a standard system sound that could be themed with a silent one or maybe just deleted.
    The specific name and location of the file would be "beep-beep" in /System/Library/Audio/UISounds/beep-beep.caf, you could probably just delete this or rename it.
    For a theme you could create a theme "Silent Charge.theme" and place a silent file named beep-beep in /Library/Themes/Silent Charge.theme/UISounds/beep-beep.caf and then activate it in Winterboard.
  4. m0in

m0in Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    exactly what i thought of saying