Removing and re-applying Invisible Shield....

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by aw2509, Sep 26, 2008.

1. aw2509

aw2509 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Has anyone had any luck with this?
    Got mine set just a little bit higher than it should be, and is almost rubbing the power button. Thinking about taking it off.... but dont want to screw it up.
  2. Pickaxe

Pickaxe New Member

I wouldn't do it, unless you are competent enough not to get it dirty at all.
  3. shuhry81

shuhry81 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you'd need a roll of clear tape, a room with no moving air(to minimise the chances of any dust sticking to your shield) and a little time :) "patience" is the key. Good Luck!
  4. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I really wouldnt try it.
  5. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I think you can clean it in a solution of soap and water and it'll work again after.
  6. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    Depends on how long its been on, if you just applied it like 2 hours ago (tops) then i'd say go ahead, but watch for the dust. But if it was yesterday or a couple days ago then I'd say no. The reason is it is VERY hard to pull off after applying it and it is fully dry, but when you decide to like when you want to sell it you'll see how hard it is.
  7. aw2509

aw2509 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Alright, not gonna do it!

Thanks a lot everyone!
  8. ZAGG I AM

ZAGG I AM New Member

About reusing the invisibleSHIELD...

Just to add a more sound understanding to this topic of discussion. Such films are installable only ONCE, due to the adhesive properties of the film. Peeling the shield off renders the shield useless, hence the need for a lifetime replacement policy. Just like a sticker. If you ever need to replace a shield, due to scratches, discoloring, peeling. Simply contact ZAGG's customer service to obtain a new shield. :cool:
  9. aw2509

aw2509 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks a lot for the reply ZAAG!
    Just so I am clear, if I have to remove the sheild, say because the corners were not sticking down, I would be able to use the warranty for that?

Also, I have another question that you may or may not be able to answer. I am not sure how affilliated you are with ZAAG. I ordered 2 shields, and did not get registration cards with either of them. When I try to register online it just says that I have already registerd them. Do you know how I might be able to get a couple registration cards?

Thanks A lot,
  10. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

get replace from zagg... for free..

just register your product at www.zagg.com/register and thats it... u just pay 3.99 for the shipment... the send you a brand new product... awesome right???... ok i hope this help you guys...