Remove unused iBrickr files?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by CyberAlyMan, Jan 31, 2008.

1. CyberAlyMan

CyberAlyMan New Member

Ok, here's one.

I'm upgrading my jailbroken 1.1.2 ipod touch to 1.1.3. I'd just finished with iBrickr, so the ipod touch has 300mb of data stored on it for the soft upgrade thing to install. I was trying to get to the soft upgrade app in installer, but they've removed it and replaced it with this one that downloads and installs everything on the ipod with no computer required.

Now this is all fine and dandy, but once i've used this new method, how do I go about manually removing the software files that iBrickr moved over, seeing as they won't need to be used?

Thanks in advance!
  2. iatealitlebabie

iatealitlebabie New Member

REMOVE THE SOFTUPGRADE MANUALLY

If you get back into iTunes later and see that its taking up like 300mb in other use the app "1.1.3 Soft Upg. Cleaner" in installer or if you dont see it inside installer, use iphonelist or any ssh for that matter and navigate to /var/root/Media/ and if you see a folder called softupgrade just delete it and you will have all that free space back.

Search... Been posted a bunch of times. this is actually in my sig
  3. CyberAlyMan

CyberAlyMan New Member

Pfft, search never comes up with the goods for me. Though I will try harder next time.

Thanks for the help!