Remove unneeded dependencies?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Danny84, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Danny84

Danny84 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I recently downloaded Mobile Theatre and it has safari download plug in as a dependency.

Having bought SDM, I hate the free plug in and it makes my iPod really slow. Is there a way to remove safari download plug in while keeping mobile theatre?
  2. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Yes, you can remove it (not entirely sure how to) but you could just disable it in SBSettings for the same effect.
  3. Naveen121

Naveen121 Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, you can go to Cydia>Manage>Packages and search Safari Download Plugin and remove it. I would not recommend doing this, because it can be very helpful and you won't be able to download any movies or anything else from the Internet without it.
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Except he has its paid successor (SDM). The main issue is that when you uninstall a file that another program depends on, you uninstall that program too (MobileTheatre jb thus case). Try it with a dependency file yourself (libactivator or libhide, but don't confirm the uninstall) and you'll see what I mean.
  5. pavan

pavan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    sorry if im bumping an old thread but i would like to know how to remove a dependency? i have a deb file for dtunes and i want to remove unnecessary dependencies because i wont be downloading *******s. i know its possible but does anyone know how? thanks
  6. Hackey_Sack

Hackey_Sack New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    (old thread is old)

Try removing it via SSH or iFile rather than through Cydia.