Remove "Slide to Unlock" when using a Slider

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Danls92, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm attempting to put on a Tap To Unlock on my iPod Touch with firmware 2.1.0, but I've run into an issue. When I put it on (using Winterboard), the slide to unlock text gets pushed over to the side, and I can't find a way to remove it.

The way I've done it in the past is with Customize, but my understanding is that it does not support 2.1.0. I've also tried the modification of the Sprinboard.strings file in the /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj directory through converting it, editing it in Notepad, and re-uploading it onto my ipod, but it just changes it to the string: AWAY_LOCK_LABEL.

Can anybody help me out?
  2. rileyman

rileyman Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Try using customize, it is buggy but sometimes it manages to change the strings.
  3. Danls92

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It won't even start up for me. I've made sure that the permissions are set to 777, but it crashes as soon as it starts.
  4. Draven

Draven New Member

If you are using a WinterBoard theme you can make these folders...

'/Library/Themes/<Theme Name>/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/en.lproj/'

and put the 'SpringBoard.strings' in 'en.lproj' that way it will only work for that theme.

Or if you want to use '/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj/SpringBoard.strings' you are looking for the following...
    Code:
    <key>AWAY_LOCK_LABEL</key>
    <string>slide to unlock</string>

and just delete the "slide to unlock" part so it looks like...
    Code:
    <key>AWAY_LOCK_LABEL</key>
    <string></string>
  5. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Or you could make a new 'slider message removed' theme and then add that into the folder you mentioned, and just keep that turned on all the time like a "Transparent Icon Labels" or some other theme and avoid having to edit the springboard files.

If you do it this way, just make sure to have the following line in the strings file:

Code:
    "AWAY_LOCK_LABEL" = "";

6. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    *GASP*
    * Double Gasp*
    Danls needin help! AGH! lol
    sorry, um, id love to help you but i cant even jailbreak my ipod touch, let alone customiz it
  7. Danls92

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Where would I put that in the file?

Thanks, but when I do that I just get the AWAY_LOCK_LABEL text instead of the Slide to Unlock Text.

Heh, everybody needs help sometimes

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I only see it fair, he helps everyone out and then he finally need's help with something theres nothing wrong with returning the favor

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Draven

Draven New Member

Must be something wrong with the file. If you want you can send it to me and I will take a look. It's what I do with my theme and it works
  10. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Here. I'm uploading a WinterBoard 'theme' which kills the "Slide to Lock" message. Just extract the "No Sliders Message" directory and put it in the "Themes.xxxxxx" folder. Remember to turn it on in WinterBoard, and make sure that it's fairly high up the list, so it'll override any settings that may exist in other themes. This won't touch any other sliders or tappers you have, but it'll edit the SpringBoard string without any fuss or mucking around with system files.

Thank you, Saurik.

Attached Files: