Remove Lockscreen clock background?

Discussion in 'Customization Requests' started by pogoyoyo, Mar 2, 2009.

1. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I've looked around for a solution but is there an way to remove the part where the clock is on.. The dark background behind it? I have all these pictures of nice models but their faces get blocked by that black box thing... And along with this it would be nice to change the color of the font of the time.. So you don't have white text on top of a white picture.. If someone knows how to do this, I and plenty others would surely love it for sure.
  2. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    There are a few clear lockscreen themes available in Cydia. Not sure of the exact names, but look in the Lockscreen Themes section.
  3. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I've looked at many, none really offer what I'm looking for; a simple option in winterboard to remove the clock box..
  4. lightningdude

lightningdude New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm guessing your explanation isn't exactly accurate, according to what you want. It sounds like you want to get rid of the gray box that the clock is in. If you want to get rid of the clock altogether, you might want to say so.

What I use to get rid of just the boxes (top and bottom) is Clear LockScreen. Like I said, it'll get rid of the dark boxes that the slider and the clock are on.

As far as changing the font color, there is a way to change the lock color, but not the date color (as far as I know.) There is a thread on modmyi forums about it. Sorry, I don't have the direct link.