Remove a Calendar?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nanto, Sep 14, 2008.

1. nanto

nanto New Member

At some stage I have ended up with two calendars on my Ipod Touch both with the title Calendar. One produces red entries the other blue. I only sync with one copy of Outlook. Is there a way to delete calendars from my Touch?

FYI: I have a standard (non-jailbroken) Touch running 2.1
  2. xk907

xk907 New Member

I have the same question
  3. The Crow

The Crow Banned

What firmware do you have, and have you tried Restoring it to see if that does the trick?
  4. stevoboy

stevoboy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have a similar problem except I have (6) different calendars on the iPod. Several red, a green, blue, yellow etc. I have reloaded the iTunes software and have also restored the iPod (version 3.0) and neither corrected the problem. I am running iTunes on a PC and didn't have this problem previously as it has only shown up in the past 2 weeks.
    The calendar in Outlook 2007 appears normal without multiple entries.
    The iTunes sync page under: "info>"calendar">"selected" shows also (6) separate calendars but I have not been able to select only one and delete the rest of them.

This is an annoying problem and wonder if anyone has a fix for it? Thanks in advance.
  5. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Id also like to know how someone solved it...
  6. stevoboy

stevoboy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    There have been many views of this post but no solution. Is this problem a rare thing? Does anyone have a resource they could provide?
  7. everkleer

everkleer New Member

I had the same problem and this thread helped: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1922950

I have MobileMe but if you don't have it, check out the thread and see if it helps. Here's what I did:
    Went to settings - mail, contacts, calendar on the iPod then tapped on my MobileMe account. In there I turned off calendar syncing and chose delete. The iPod worked for a min or two then I hit the home button. Then I came back to the same spot and turned calendar syncing back on choosing do not merge and delete.

Hope this helps
  8. internet626

internet626 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    When you are viewing the list showing all your calendars, just swipe from left to right on the one you want to delete, and tap "Delete".
  9. everkleer

everkleer New Member

Side swipe

Does that work for you internet626 or are you just assuming it should work like I did? I tried it before I found my solution above and it didn't work.
  10. internet626

internet626 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok, you caught me. I will try to figure out a solution.