Remote Wipe from Exchange

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by dirtyz, Aug 14, 2008.

1. dirtyz

dirtyz New Member

Has anybody had success remote wiping an itouch using the Exchange wipe method?

I was doing some testing at work, and set the Remote Wipe command to my iTouch. It said it should take 1 hour per 8 gig (I have a 16 gig, so 2 hours).

It's been about 3 hours and all i see is the Apple logo, and the circle in front of it as if it's working. But it isn't moving. it appears as if it's frozen

Now I have a jailbroken 2.0 itouch - Not sure if that has anything to do with it.
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    First Follow the directions here http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84848&highlight=stuck+boot+screen

If that doesn't work, then force it into DFU mode by following the directions here http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2790

Hope this helps!
  3. dirtyz

dirtyz New Member

Well, i ended up having to boot it into DFU mode and restore it. very interesting! I guess something to keep in mind!~

Thanks for the help
  4. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    No Problem.
  5. shuft95

shuft95 Member

how do you activate the remote wipe?
  6. dirtyz

dirtyz New Member

While in Exchange, you have to go into the Exchange Management console. Find the user you need to wipe, highlight their name, and click on the Mobile Device Properites on the right hand window.

There is an option there to send wipe command.

However, I just learned that if you send a command to wipe the device, it will remember that setting. I tried to activate my mail account once my itouch was back up and running, and it started to wipe it again. So what you have to do is go into the Mobile Device Properties, and select to delete the partnership.

what a pain!