Remote connection

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by nickswitz, Jan 21, 2010.

1. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have a problem, I have Windows 7 and just recently have not been able to connect to my itunes using remote. It says that there may be a firewall or something blocking it. Does anyone know what may be causing this and how I can fix it.

I have a 3rd gen ipod touch, on the right network, with a secured connection with the router. The connection is using WPA security. The problem only started to happen a little while ago, like a week or so. I have windows 7 with all the latest updates installed.

I have comodo installed on my computer, but I have already turned that off a few times to see if that was the problem.
  2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

its probably something within Windows Firewall. im not the best with windows, but i think there is an application called Windows Firewall Management (or something like that) and it allows you to block and unblock stuff. try finding iTunes, and unblock it.
  3. Tikker

Tikker Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    turn down UAC
  4. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Windows Firewall is completely off, I use comodo as my firewall.
  5. rounakjain91@yahoo.com

rounakjain91@yahoo.com New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you are using a proxy on your iPod, try switching that off. Worked for me!
  6. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I am not using a proxy of any sort on the ipod.
  7. Rose43

Rose43 New Member

Re : Remote connection

I travel about once every month and my primary computer is a tower sitting under my desk. For the longest time, I accessed my email directly from my laptop on the road and tried to make sure I copied every file I might need from my home network to my laptop. The rub in this system is many hotels and WiFi networks block the port for sending email, making communication a hassle. At home, I connect to the three other machines on my local network using Remote Desktop Connection, because I have more computers than I do monitors, but I never bothered to try it from outside.

If your home computer has Windows XP Pro (or Media Center Edition) installed, you can access it from any other computer running Windows from anywhere in the world using Remote Desktop Connection. Some versions of Windows, like 98, Me, 2000 and require software available from

-----------------------------------------------------

patio furniture chair cushions | pet bolster bed | printers bellevue
  8. Tikker

Tikker Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This has nothing to do with the remote app.

He's talking about the ability to ise the iPod as a sideshow remote
  9. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Not exactly, as a remote for iTunes. but yeah, it still has nothing to do with it at all.