iOS 4.0 Reluctant to upgrade

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by smwoodcrafts, Jul 4, 2010.

1. smwoodcrafts

smwoodcrafts Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I am very new to Apple anything as I have never a fan of the cost. I have, however, recently bought a Touch 3G 64GB and am enjoying it, much to my surprise. Now this upgrade to iOS4 gets released and am hearing stories of a bad equalizer as well as lower output and problems with video, the main reason I bought it, freezing. This makes me very reluctant to upgrade. How many have had the problem with video and how bad is the sound quality and loudness?

Thanks,

smwoodcrafts
  2. Nickmadkiller

Nickmadkiller Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Just wait for the update for the 4.0.Once the update comes out many problems should be fixed.By that "hopefully."
  3. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Equalizer = terrible at this moment, I think that the equalizer that plays isn't the same as how it's labeled (IE Rock selection will play bass boost or some other one, not 100% on this). I've had trouble syncing videos, I don't know why. But I have been able to play them perfectly (even the ones that didn't sync through iFile, this requires jailbreak that you can't get yet

Please Register or Log in to view images

). I have had a couple of freezes. It irritates me, but not enough for me to want to downgrade.

If you can't live without these, I would wait for an update to the software and see how it is.
  4. Nickmadkiller

Nickmadkiller Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    I haven't upgraded to the 4.0 iOS mainly due to that fact that theres no untethered jailbreak for it yet.I have spirit on my iPod Touch 8GB 3rd gen.So I don't wanna lose all of my "borrowed" apps and all of my themes and vids on MXtube.

Gonna wait for limera1n

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. kobez17

kobez17 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There's not too many bugs, but I would upgrade now. I mean multitasking and wallpapers!! You'll enjoy your Ipod even more with 4.0, I guarantee it! I haven't experienced any major bugs.
  6. bondr006

bondr006 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I upgraded to 4.0 and I'm in love with my iPod all over again. All the things I had been waiting for and not so much as a hiccup so far. I'd go for it. You will love the new features.
  7. smwoodcrafts

smwoodcrafts Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    OK I'm almost ready to upgrade but how do I get the SHSH Blobs, or what ever you call them, if I don't like it?
  8. I have found 4.0 to be quite buggy but nothing unbearable, these bugs should be fixed soon in the 4.1 update.

Here is a tutorial about backing up your SHSH blobs: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297736.
  9. smwoodcrafts

smwoodcrafts Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Unfortunately it appears to be too late to get the 3.1.3 shsh blobs. The only blobs tinyUmbrella found was 4.0. So thre is no going back for me if I upgrade.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Am I understanding it correctly that everything, music and video and apps, needs to be reloaded after the update? Would this be done with a restore?
  10. bondr006

bondr006 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I did not have to reload or restore anything after my upgrade to 4.0. All my apps, music, movies, contacts, and calendar were all still there and intact. Like I said earlier, I have had no problems whatsoever with 4.0 from the get go. It was a very short and easy upgrade, and the new features on 4.0 really make my ipt new and fun all over again. Just do it...it is definitely worth it.