Release [RELEASE] YourTheme

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by TheAppleTree, Feb 2, 2008.

1. TheAppleTree

TheAppleTree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone
    PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST OR YOU WILL BE TERRIBLY CONFUSED

.... and no one wants that

Please Register or Log in to view images

Alright, I think this is the last one I'll release for just a little while. This one has consumed A LOT of thought and time.

Here's the premise:
    Depending on what background you pair with it, it can look like a TOTALLY DIFFERENT theme. And the great news is, you can change between all of your "sub-themes" just by switching backgrounds. Here's what I mean: (these are unaltered, straight off my ipod)

Of course, this theme also looks great on top of any background you choose:

BUT... there are a couple of catches!

1.) This only works with FOUR icons on your dock

2.) Your # of visible apps must be divisible by FOUR, so that the bar will stretch all the way across... and ideally they fill up the page. There might be a way to use dummy apps to fill out the bar... but this is further complicated by no. 3... I know this is a problem, and I am currently working on it.

3.) In order to make a transparent bar fully spanning the desktop without any overlap... I had to make TWO versions of every icon (This is due to the offsets the icons --1-2-3-4--) One version is for apps that fall at the beginning or in the middle of the row and is denoted by a "_bm" following the icon name. The other version is for apps that fall at the end of the row and is denoted by a "_e" following the icon name.
    The DEFAULT for this set is for the following icons to fall at the end of the row:
    Lights Off, PDFViewer, SysInfo, Mines, Weather, Photos, Notes, Customize, and Books
    As a result, you'll find them in the icon folder with one version being "Weather.png" for example, and the other being "Weather_bm.png"
    The rest of the icons are set to fall in the beginning or the middle as the default, and the extra is for the end of the row... for example, you'll find "Contacts.png" and "Contacts_e.png"
    If you want to have DIFFERENT icons at the end of the row, you'll have to go into the Icons folder and do a bit of renaming. For instance, if you want Weather to be in the middle instead of at the end, first rename "Weather.png" to "Weather_e.png" and then rename "Weather_bm.png" to "Weather.png"

Whew... all that's a pain, isn't it? Because it requires a fair amount of finagling on your end, I imagine it wouldn't work to well on a repo... but all you SSH-ers out there might have fun with it. And perhaps it's not worth it to you guys... and if that's the case, then I imagine this won't get that many downloads. But I've personally had a blast making it and coming up with various sub-themes for it, and I plan to make a bunch more.

I have included the wallpaper template for you to mess with if anyone wants to try their hand at some sub-themes. I've also included the original icon template.

I want to thank the talented celsojunior on Deviantart for "Nature" (T-R), Manicho for his lovely "Ecto"(B-R) wallpaper... also Jesar for his background "Quarter Past Midnight"(B-L) as well as "Null Flow"(T-L).

UPDATE:
    I want to send a big thank you to Crypt for loving and supporting this theme while I've moved on to other things. I REALLY APPRECIATE how much work he's put into this and how much love you've shown

Thanks to him, you can all enjoy the following 43 icons:

psx4all, RainbowLight, Yeti3D, openttd, Photoboard, Stumbler, snes4iphone, BossTool, Caissa
    Camera, ContraSense, Domino, Finder, fivedice, Flashlight, iGo, IP, iPhysics, iPod, iShare, MAcalc, NES, PocketGuitar,Poof, Services, Sketches, SMS, SSH, VNotes, Wikipedia, BlockPuzzle, Marble, RealArtist, BallFight, Bluetooth, FlipACoin, MusicQuiz, Othello, PenguinPanic, Tetris, TextEdit, TuneWiki, ZIPcodes

Update: You can now find YourTheme on the repo under Themes (Summerboard) - thank you so much Skylar for adding it!

Attached Files:

4 people like this.
  2. stevenplanet

stevenplanet Banned

FIrst reply...

AMAZING!!!!
  3. masterwill22

masterwill22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Beautiful... I usually don't like green themes but the one you made actually made me want to download it

Good job... It's too bad you'll stop releasing because these themes are among the top of my favorites

4. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

-Absolutely- Gorgeous, that lost one especially! Wow!
  5. yeah_boi

yeah_boi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    they look awesome!!! but im sure youre right when you say that many people wont go through all the trouble. they are amazing themes though, especially the red and black one!
  6. stevenplanet

stevenplanet Banned

wait, quick question, how do u get the last one? Its not in the download... the green theme. I like it.
  7. TheAppleTree

TheAppleTree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Whoops! Sorry bout that

Here it is:

I've also updated the zip file with that one
  8. stevenplanet

stevenplanet Banned

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!
  9. super51fan

super51fan Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    can you make a nes ginder and psx4all icon
  10. brandon311

brandon311 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This looks great. Its perfect if you have a wallpaper that is worth showing off.