[RELEASE] xPwn GUI Beta 2 [Windoez]

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by iSecks, Jul 22, 2008.

1. iSecks

iSecks New Member

Yes, I know, there already is one, but I started mine first and I intend to finish it. That doesn't mean you have to use mine, feel free to use xWinPwn, or wait for WinPwn, but for those who liked my GUI, here's an update.

http://www.isecks.afraid2live.com/xPwn%20GUI%20beta2.zip

Instructions:
    1. Place the xPwn GUI Beta.exe in your xpwn folder, along with your 2.0 ipsw and any bootloader files [named 'bl39.bin' and 'bl46.bin'] if you are unlocking/activating a 2G [is that what they're called?] iPhone.
    2. Browse for your ipsw to pwn by clicking the top browse button, and select the 2.0 ipsw you wish to pwn.
    3. 2nd Browse button is broken, will be fixed soon. For now, just type the name you want your pwned ipsw to be. Don't forget to add '.ipsw' at the end, or you won't have an ipsw when you finish.
    4. Select the type of JB you wish to do. If you have an iPod 2.0 ipsw, only the first option will work. If you have an iPhone 2.0 ipsw, the last 2 options will work. Only use 'Jailbreak iPhone 2.0 .ipsw' if you have a 3G iPhone! I don't know what will happen if you try to activate/unlock it, because I don't have one, but I don't want you messing up your iPhone and blaming me, because I told you not to do it!
    5. Click 'Build pwned .ipsw'
    6. Wait. All controls on the GUI should be disabled. When the operation completes [or crashes, no way to tell as of now, other than what it tells you to do], check to see if your custom ipsw was created. If it was not, reboot your computer and start over from the beginning of these instructions. If your ipsw was created successfully, continue on to step 7.
    7. Click the third Browse button and find your custom ipsw.
    8. Click the big button. [I put too much room and didn't feel like moving everything up again >_<] This allows you to patch your iTunes to be able to upload custom ipsw's to your iPod/Phone. [I think, it just runs the itunespwn command from xpwn, I'll post that section of the readme later so you can see what it does yourself]
    9. Uhh.... I think that's it. Put your iPod/Phone in DFU restore more and shift+click restore to bring up a file open dialog, where you can pick your custom ipsw to pwn your iPod/Phone with. Let iTunes do it's thing and when it's done you should be on 2.0, with Cydia installed. Yay!

Code:
    ## itunespwn

This *Windows* utility will replace a file in your %APPDATA%\Apple Computer\
    Device Support folder. Subsequently, if you place your phone into DFU mode
    and iTunes recognizes it, Apple will automatically upload an exploit file onto
    your phone that will allow it to accept custom firmware (until it is turned
    off). This basically will allow you to restore any IPSW you want from that
    version of iTunes (provided you connect your phone in DFU mode).

See the following section for detailed instructions on how to enter DFU mode.

Usage:

itunespwn <custom.ipsw>

The custom.ipsw is needed for the exploited WTF that was generated during
    IPSW generation.

Screenshot:

Please Register or Log in to view images

Attached Files:

2. yahtrickya

yahtrickya New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Other guys is alot better.
    Old' idea is old
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I love the "Big Ass Button" thing

4. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

so can i be one 2.0 when i do this? or have to be on 1.1.4?
  5. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

XPWN DOESN'T WORK FOR EVERYONE!!!!

You can easily damage your iphone / ipod this way. xpwn should be for experienced users only. and if the user cant work the command line arguements then they should not be using xpwn.
  6. iSecks

iSecks New Member

Why is it better, may I ask?

I did this from 2.0 JB'd, since my install fked up, I DFU'd to the custom one I made with this.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    So? If you don't want to use it, don't use it. I'm sure people know that pwnage and xpwn can damage iPods/phones, if not then it's their fault for not reading up on the original product [which was posted almost a day ago btw]
  7. potroast32

potroast32 Banned

Yes the big ass button is brilliant
    EDIT WHAT JOHNNY YOU ARE BACK?
  8. iSecks

iSecks New Member

Thanks guys, didn't know what to put there, so I just stretched the button. Thought it was a stupid idea, guess not.

Also: he was gone? >_>
  9. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

Hmm

Its not creating the custom ipsw file.

10. potroast32

potroast32 Banned

Yes, very good thing you did that

and johnny had said he was going to leave FOREVER!