[Release] Vista Clock and Weather Widgets

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by ZMOBtiger, Nov 6, 2008.

1. ZMOBtiger

ZMOBtiger New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I recently looked into the clock and weather widgets and decided to theme them. Right now, both are working on my ipod. The weather widget must be above the clock widget in WinterBoard. I have included a gradient that you can add to any wallpaper to make it fit the vista theme. If anyone knows how to make it where the clock doesn't tick every minute, let me know. I have my icons ordered so that the weather app and clock app are right above their respective widget so that when you touch them, the app opens. I suggest you do the same.

Once you unzip the file, you will want to change the location in the weather widget...to do this open up the configureMe.js file in the Private folder (wordpad works well) and change the "var locale=......." line. If you just want to use the weather widget, you will need to make sure you change the icon.png image in the MobileTimer.app folder to the clock icon. You should be able to drag and drop the separate folders (ClockWidget and WeatherWidget) into /Library/Themes. If they don't work, check permissions and respring.

UPDATE: There is an improved weather widget on the 14th post. Scroll down for download

Attached Files:

2. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

Ha, coolio, will go well with the upcoming windows 7 theme.
  3. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    can you post how you...
    1) modified how the clock looks??
    2) how to chang the position of the clock
    i would like to modifiy it for my theme...
  4. ZMOBtiger

ZMOBtiger New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1) I modified the background image (clock part that doesn't move) by editing the image.png that is in the Private folder. Then I modified the look of the hands (moving parts) by opening up the moreskins.js with wordpad and editing one of the included styles (the one used is machine). The hourhand and minutehand are the only thing that show up in machine because the last part of each line of code (alpha) is the object's opacity. In order for the clock to use the theme you want, I changed the Widget.html to Widget.txt and edited the last line (canvas id=blah blah blah).

2) In order to change where the clock is located you have edit the Widget.txt file where it says canvas { position: blah blah }. I just guessed with the numbers at first until I noticed how the clock was moving in response to the changes. (my inputs are margin-top: -34px and margin-left:163px)

Hope this is clear...I just started with these things on Tuesday, so that's pretty much all I know.
  5. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thnak you! i want the clock in the bottome right of the dock...
  6. pavan

pavan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    off topic:
    when will windows 7 be released and where can i find more info about this. i mean a legit site so dont say sumtin like google or wikipedia. the least u can do is provide me a link to google.
  7. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

Link to google

Please Register or Log in to view images

Sorry , couldn't help it.
    Just search around Gizmodo or Engadget or something.
  8. Gi-lo

Gi-lo Member

o dear -_- i also made the sidebar to work i sent it to ispazio last week but they dont want to upload blank apps ...

otherwise goodwork zm...^^

Here is mine: I dont wont to release it rigt now but here is a screenie...

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
  10. ZMOBtiger

ZMOBtiger New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    UPDATE: I have made some improvements to the overall look of the weather widget. Here is a screenshot of it. I will post the updated widget later today.

Attached Files:

• iPod.png
      iPod.png
      File size:
      257.4 KB
      Views: